Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Milton Theatre up for sale - help save it

Since moving to Milton, I found it quite interesting to watch the traffic increase when an event was scheduled at the Milton Theatre. I live right on the corner at the end of the street and can see the building from my house. It's right across the street from the library. I am at a perfect spot between the library and the lake. I say I live between heaven and Nirvana because of those two places.

The turnout out for music, movies and other occassions is something to watch all by itself.

Anyway, the theatre is up for sale due to financing and funding. I believe that when it goes, it will be an extremely great loss to Milton, Sussex County, and Delaware. People know when events are planned, cars line the streets and it's nothing to see 150 people or more come out for the Wednesday evening events and other occassions.

If anyone out there reads this post, please consider donating to keep the theatre alive and running. I will get the number to contact someone for donations as I've seen numerous signs dotted around Sussex County, Delaware, asking people to donate to save the theatre.

1 comment:

  1. The number to call to donate to the "Save the Milton Theatre" campaign is 302-684-3400 for the Milton Theatre in Milton, Delaware. Thank to everyone for their support. I believe we need to keep businesses like these open. It's one thing to put a DVD in to watch a movie. But, how many places can you go to locally to view live theatre.

    ReplyDelete